Recently I was about to have a first meeting with someone.
They were late. When they arrived, they gave no reason.
Thought of the term “reputation hygiene”, as with only a little focus and attention our reputation is maintained and built upon, yet if we allow it to be sullied, it can be difficult to restore.
A few simple tips, then around reputation hygiene:
- Be on time. Seriously. Be on time.
- Be polite. Always. No exceptions.
- Answer emails within one working day.
- If you are wrong, apologise. Oh, and ask what you can do to make it right.
- Say thank you, and mean it.
- Say what you are going to do and do what you are going to say.
I could continue, but you get the gist.
Also published on Medium.